Wednesday, November 14, 2007

French Pondichery

Maybe it was not a very clever idea to travel at Diwali weekend. I mean, you would think that on a festival which is compared to christmas everyone stays at homw with their families. - NOT!

So as I reached the Bus stand I realized that every bus is already booked out. I tried to convince the bus drivers to let me sit on the floor, but they would not let me. Starnge, in a country where they sometimes sit on the roof of busses :\ Anyways I had to look for an other opportunity. I then met an Indian girl which took me to a place in between Bangalore and Pondichery and from there I took the final bu then. A hard journey but I finally got where I wanted.

Pondichery is located in the very South of Chennai (Madras) on the coast of Inia. Pondichery used to be a French colony and so you find a lot of French architecture which looks very strange in this Indian environment. I found a place to stay in an Ashram with a room facing directly the sea :)


I then visited the city, went to the main sights and tried to get a bus ticket for the next day back to Bangalore. This was very difficult again, but I made it. In the evening I went to meditate with the people living in the Ashram.

The next morning I got up at five o'clock again to see the sunrise and went meditating again. I then had breakfast and walked around the coastline. As I walked out of the city along the coast I reached a little village. A family invited me to their little hut and I had some chais(Indian tea). They shoed me all the pictures of their family and then turned on the TV. They turned it really loud and semmed to be very proud to have one :) I then had to take pictures of all of them and they were so amazed to see the picture afterwards :)





After that I had a huge lunch and went back to Bangalore. This week is very stressy again and I am really looking forward to the next weekend :)

Take care and stuff

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a nice comment this morning...and forgot to tic at the end...

looking forward to reading new Indian adventure stories....always being glad to read them a minute later!
Proposal: take once the "Hofemer" (bus of Hofheim) and let us know about differences and personal feelings referring to Indian busses? It might be interesting to discuss results!

Good luck to you,
Mama

Anonymous said...

any news soon? Have a nice week! I hope your weather looks better than here in good old grey Europe!!
Mama

Handysprüche